Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I requested information from Pella windows over the internet about replacement windows. I got a call a few days later from a representative, asking if I would like him to come out and do a bid for me. It was free, so I said, "Why not?"

"Why not" indeed. Now I want new windows. Especially since my current windows are virtual sieves and heating prices are supposed to skyrocket this winter. I've fallen in love with the 9-Lite Prairie Style (pictured to the left there), which is relatively expensive, since each of those panes is a seperate pane of glass. I could save a couple thousand by having snap-out grilles, but I think that looks tacky. I'm of the philosophy that if I'm going to do something, I might as well do it the way I want it.

So I have a couple options. I can do it all now and take advantage of their financing plan, or I can do half now and the other half when I actually have the money. I'll have to run some numbers.

2 Antiphon:

11:10 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

While I have never cried over new windows, I want them very, very badly. If you get them, just know that I will be very jealous and that it will hurt me on the feelings!

(Just kidding. Well, except about the jealousy part. I guess envy is my sin, even though I really am a fan of all seven.)

 
8:17 PM, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I vote for the windows. When we had our replacements installed, we did a financing plan. I have never regretted it. They do make a huge difference.

Laurie Rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home