Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Is anyone else having trouble with the word verification feature? Like not being able to read the letters? Sometimes the letters look like they bleed together and make other letters. And then it takes me a couple tries to get my comments posted. Stupid spammers.

By the way, third time was the charm with my contacts. Beautiful vision! I can see street signs and leaves and even people look clearer. I didn't know my old contacts weren't quite up to snuff until I put these in. I can't believe I thought I might be able to suffer through the crappy ones. I am (somewhat) normal!

I walked/rode the bus to work today. I'm attempting to do my part to save gas and get myself some extra excercise in the process. I'm gonna try and eventually walk the entire way, since it's only like a mile, but I'm taking baby steps. It's hard enough waking up half an hour earlier.

5 Antiphon:

8:58 AM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Walking can be nice- if Mum isn't working, I normally have to walk a mile to the bus stop, early in the morning. Unless she or Dad is up and offers me a lift.

It takes about 15 minutes, and you know then that you've gotten some activity in for the day. Plus the walk home...

Good luck! Even though I'm not working now, I've done a 15-20 minute round trip walk to the post office nearly every day this week, to either post back DVDs and/or buy stuff.

Callie

(and yes, re: the word verification thing!)

 
9:22 AM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I have had the same problem with the word verification. I have never understood why it has to me so funny looking. The one on here now could prove challenging.

I walk from downtown to my apartment on occasion. It's not too bad. It only takes about 40 minutes.

 
1:09 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Ems

You know, I never have problems with yours, but it always takes two tries to post a comment on my own blog. Stupid spammers.

Kudos on the Public Transport decision. I'd prolly do the same but no People Movers allowed on Base. SO I have to drve, not that its a big deal.

 
3:28 PM, October 21, 2005, Blogger Technomage

I'm so proud of you! Way to go! Walk away. :)

 
7:11 PM, October 23, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Beautiful vision is so... beautiful! Seeing leaves again is so fabulous.

To think! In times long ago, before glasses and contacts were invented, people just had to let their vision go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home