Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, October 24, 2005

What a crappy game. It wouldn't have been crappy if we won, but we blew it. They tried a "Black Out Saturday" for the football game against Michigan, which was really cool. It looked pretty intimidating with the entire stadium decked out in black. I think it was one of the loudest games I've ever been to. We stood a really good chance of winning, but didn't capitalize on a couple turnovers and we lost by four points in overtime. The entire stadium was just in shock. It was kinda weird to see 70,000 people so quiet and so still.

I tried to go out afterwards, but about 11:30, I was falling asleep over my drink. I was introduced to a new drink that I really liked, the mojito, which is basically rum and mint leaves. Very tasty. The nap in the bar was refreshing enough to get me home, but didn't stop me from passing out the moment my head hit pillow. I did not make for very interesting company that night.

I also had to go to bed last night at 8:30 because I was falling asleep. Now tell me I'm not getting old.

2 Antiphon:

11:32 AM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Ems

I hear ya. We went out to a movie the other night and usually we eat first and then go to the theater but we did it backwards.. When we got out of the movie we were yawning and tired and wanted to go to bed, looked at the clock anf it was only 9:45. We felt old. And then yesterday we went to see The History of Viloence and we were the youngest people in the theater, yet when the nude scene came on the whole theater was giggling likle little 12 year olds. We're just like "Grow up." We were the most mature youngest people too I guess.

 
8:33 PM, October 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I don't think I've tried a mojito, but I started knowing cocktail names in Italy, when we used to go to bars/pubs (before that I'd not been much of a go out and drink person, and at Uni went to mostly pubs, drinking spirit/mixers or alcopops).

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home