Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, October 14, 2005

While the WD was down, I stalked eBay instead. I've spent entirely too much money, especially on comic books. But I got the entire run of Hellboy: Weird Tales for $12, including shipping! Deals! Collectables! I found an awesome poster and won it, and then I found it again, so I'm bidding on the second one, too, because it's two-sided, and then I can display both sides. I'm not saying what it is, in case I turn someone on to it. I don't want to be outbid if I can help it. But it's so cool!

I'm also looking for a copy of Jem, Season 3: Part 1 for less than $50. I made the mistake of not buying it right away, and it was just snapped up, and now it's going for oodles of money. I can be patient, though.

Between that and looking for Angel and Buffy comics, I've just been a bidding fool. I have 10 hours to decide if I want to pay $9 for one comic. But this particular comic is from Angel Vol. 2, and Vol. 2 stuff is hard to find. I usually try to hit the lots, since they tend to be much cheaper that way. Combining shipping is huge. I think it would help if I'd get my act together and resell some of the stuff I don't need. Since I pick up lots, sometimes I get duplicates or the photo covers - I much prefer the art covers. Selling that stuff would fund my habit.

8 Antiphon:

11:41 AM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

The WD being down can be a very dangerous thing. I've just been reading Veronica Mars recaps and forums, which keeps me out of trouble.

 
1:09 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Meghan

Oh man... EBAY can be SO addictive!

I remember when I was trying to win a poker table. It became more about the win at a good price than the freakin table!

I stay away now :/

 
1:32 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

While the WD was down, I stalked eBay instead.

Wait! Is the WD no longer down? I still can't get in.

 
1:37 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Forums are all up now.

 
4:46 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Wacky. I had to delete my cookies and restart my computer twice before the forums would appear for me. Good thing you posted about it; I might have gone weeks thinking it was still down.

 
6:21 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Ems

Comment for the nerd, perhaps you shouldnt be buying things so close to Christmas. Just a thought!... Or a hint.

 
1:42 PM, October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I have spurts of eBaying. I only use it for buying Italian charms, and so I'll check in, maybe buy a few, and then forget about eBay for a bit. Then I come back, and people have put new stock in (it goes in cycles).

I'm hooked on the NaNo forums at the moment. Are you going to do NaNo? [cajoling]

Go on go on go on go on [/Father Ted quote]

Callie

 
10:01 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Oooo! Geeky purchases!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home