Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The best conversation all weekend happened over a game of Power UNO. Emily may be the only one to really appreciate this, because she'll be able to hear it in her head, and it's one of those had-to-be-there things.

The game is fast, so I'm not paying much attention to some car talk going on between my brother and father. I hear something about switches and ask for a recap of the conversation, because Lew can barely control the laughter:

Lew: "You know what [Dad's] doing? He's going to work in his Carhart overalls and pulling his big ole cap down over his head. I look into the car and there's these holes along the side there with these switches that control two auxillary heaters in the front seat, because the heat don't work in the car. I'm like, 'What's the matter with you, man?!? It ain't like you don't have money, you don't have to drive this thing."

Dad: "I want to hit 200,000 miles."

Mom: (rolls eyes) "You could drive it in the summer."

Dad: "The air conditioning don't work."


He just bought himself an SHO Taurus to commute to work in, and he's got half a dozen other vehicles that at least have heat in them, but he wants to run this one into the ground. That's my father.

3 Antiphon:

1:22 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Meghan

Okay, let me a just take a moment to pause and say...

There's POWER UNO now??

That, to me, is kind of like... Potent Scrabble.

 
9:11 AM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Power UNO is a made-up game, as far as I know. It's UNO with a few extra rules that makes it go much faster, more complicated, and more fun. I learned it from someone at my church, and since I taught it to my family, it's been a staple.

 
5:29 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger allison

Oh, you totally need to post the new rules, because POWER UNO!!!

Have you ever played Fuck...oops, I mean Luck Plus?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home