Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

I finally did my taxes today.

I OWE money! WTF??? Even with my little tax shelter upstairs and my brand spanking new Schedule A, I OWE money. Crap. Here I've been going for eight months or so, thinking I'm gonna get a big refund, and I'd have a thousand dollars or so to put towards my windows. I'm getting money back on state, so I'm actually netting out fine, but what a disappointment.

I've been panicking about the windows anyway, so I canceled them. Not gonna do it this year. I feel much better. It was too much money for me right now. I think I want to sit down and rework my budget before I do commit myself. I want to get a HSA and a Roth IRA in my budget, and not doing that before I spent all that money was weighing on me.

I'm a little sad. But at least Mindi won't be jealous of me yet.

2 Antiphon:

10:29 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

You just did your taxes from 2004? Eeep! :-D

Did I mention that the same thing happened to Dwayne and me with the windows? We ordered them, then I freaked out about the many thousands of dollars we were commiting to spending. We canceled the order the next day. It was a good decision (as it sounds that yours was), but I still long for new windows.

 
10:15 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Aghh, bollocks! More taxes not good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home