Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I haven't had this much fun in a weekend in forever. It makes me wish I was still young so I could do it every weekend. But I paid for it in the number of sleep hours I needed to compensate.

Friday night we went out for Kristen's birthday. I actually went to TKD, since T minus two practices until I test for my red belt. Remind me to practice my forms over Thanksgiving! It was a really good workout, and I felt better afterwards, so I'm glad I went. It was also good, because I invited J.R., who ended up providing most of the entertainment for the evening. After meeting up with the gang at Quinton's I was just in time to leave - we made a quick stop at Bo-James, which was crowded as hell. (Not that I've ever been there. Hee!) So we headed to Joe's Place, where we spent the rest of the evening.

We sat around and talked for a while, and then the table next to us opened up, so we spread out. J.R. started absent-mindedly spinning quarters on the table, and I was like, "Whoa! You're doing that with one hand!" Of course, I had to try it myself. Chelsea, J.R. and I ended up spinning quarters on the table for at least two hours. I had to learn how to get it down, and then how to flick it when it slowed down in order to keep it going. At a quarter after twelve, I looked at the time and exclaimed, "It's after midnight! And I'm awake!" I couldn't believe it. My houseguests Matt and Susan and George (George is from Mexico, so it's pronounced Hor-hay. He tried to Americanize it, but Matt thought Hor-hay was much cooler, so Hor-hay it stayed.) showed up around then, and there was a game of video bowling played. I play video bowling about as well as I bowl for real, and that's not saying much.

We closed down the bar (almost - there was last call, at least) and then I lost my original group and continued back to my house with Matt and Susan, stopping by Marco's stand for grilled cheese. Mmmm...grilled cheese. Got home about 2:30 and completely crashed, woke up again at 7:00 a.m. to tailgate. Waaay too much beer in 24 hours. After a through shellacking of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, more tailgating, and then I collapsed. I napped on the couch, woke up around 7:30 p.m. went to bed, then didn't wake up until 9 the next morning. Whee! Sleep overload!

Went to see Walk the Line (by myself) Sunday afternoon, which was very good. It had that jumpy, bio-pic feel only at the beginning of the movie, then settled into Johnny and June's love story quite nicely. It's a "recommend" in my book.

I'm putting off going to Goblet of Fire only because my brother asked me to. He called Friday night, asking if I would wait to go with him so he'd have someone to go with. I agreed. Must mean I actually love the kid. Which means that instead of going to a movie with the girls tonight, I'm going to the traditional pre-Thanksgiving workout for tae kwon do. I'm a glutton for punishment.

5 Antiphon:

10:22 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Ems

I named my cactus Jorge (correct spelling) and the other one I named Jesus. ( promounced Hay-Zeus) if anyone was confused by that. Cuz they do sound cool.

Oh hey practice your forms over Thanksgiving!

 
10:38 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I still can't believe that night went so quickly. I made grilled cheese when I got home.

 
12:51 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Dwayne has been whining about wanting to see GoF for weeks now. We have plans to see it with his parents on Thankgiving (it's our tradition), but still he whines!

 
11:17 AM, November 22, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Mmmmm, grilled cheese.

Practise!

 
4:46 PM, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Sounds like a great night!

And PRACTISE, woman!!

[wink].

Hugs!

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home