Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

So now I have dead flu viruses floating around in my bloodstream. Or perhaps, more accurately, congregating in my left deltoid. Mom's suggestion to rub it and work the vaccine around didn't help much: I've been sore all day. Everyone else is fine, it's just me that's sore. Lucky me.

I didn't work my arms too hard last night, either. It was a pretty informal practice since the University is on Thanksgiving break, so I spent the hour trying to remember all my forms and fixing my formal back stance. It's suprisingly hard to transition through front stance-side kick/hammer fist-back stance without my back stance looking like a horse stance. And since only two of you have a clue what I'm talking about, I'll move on.

Except I have little else to talk about. My evening will consist mostly of laundry, so I can pack and be ready to go when Lew comes to pick me up for Goblet of Fire. Anyone want to take bets as to whether I'll finish the last 177 pages of the book before the movie? Let's see...three hours worth of reading, give or take...I think I can do it.

6 Antiphon:

5:14 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger My Blog

You can have my flu shot too if you want it. I haven't had one since 2003 when I was forced to get one. Other than that, I'll take my chances.

 
10:18 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Ems

Flu shots are a crock. You dont need them. And I bet you get close to the end and then freeak cuz you wont finish it in time so you start skimming tilllike the last chapter which you will read all of.

 
12:40 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

My arm was sore when I woke up the next morning after getting mine. I whimpered, "It hurts me. My arm hurts me."

And then there's that issue with the still numb toe that more than likely has nothing to do with the flu shot. I can't stop thinking the two are related though.

 
8:10 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Amanda

But it was free! How do you pass up free, even if it's a shot?

And I haven't skimmed yet. I just stayed up until midnight last night. 29 pages to go!

 
9:36 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Eeeee! I know what a horse stance is!

Hope you enjoy the movie.

 
4:48 PM, November 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

I wish I did know what you mean about the stances. When I get a car/learn to drive/grow up (i.e. get me a life), I want to dragon boat race, do some form of TKD/kick boxing, and volleyball.

Busy beee, bzzzzz.

(I'm back from my trip now so have caught up on stalking, and replied to this entry (obviously) and the one before)[hug]

Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home