Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

There's snow on the ground. Only a dusting, but snow. The snowflakes were soooo huge last night. Silver dollar sized. If one came down and smacked you in the face, you would splutter and your face would be wet. It was the best night to curl up with a blanket, a book, and a hot drink.

I only made one out of three. Pepsi and TV. Blanket was necessary. Speaking of Tuesday night TV, I just need to say how much I enjoy The Biggest Loser. I'm still not happy with the 'voting off' part, but to see these people work so hard and lose all that weight just makes me feel so happy for them. Last night, Dr. Jeff was voted off, so at the end they showed what he looks like now, and how the show has changed his life. This guy was huge when he started, he could barely walk up and down the stairs. But he lost over a hundred pounds while he was on the show and then lost an additional thirty afterwards, and now he's playing soccer with his kids. He came on the show to inspire his patients, and I think he's inspired a lot more than them.

I started out the year trying to eat better and trying to excercise more, and I lost my steam when I got shin splints. I would love to lose twenty pounds. Sometimes I get this weird feeling, like there's this layer on me that doesn't belong there. I can "see" what I would look like without those twenty pounds, and it feels very odd: it's a part of me, but it's not. It's a lot like that feeling you get once in a while when you look at a word and think, "We spell this word really weird."

4 Antiphon:

12:18 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger jenn

OHMYGOD, I LOVE the biggest loser. But yeah - hate the voting off. And I hated the competition between the groups and Matt is a dork and he was so mean to the girls and I love SUZY!!!!

Especially when she squeeks.

And I think I cry during each episode. My sister and I plan our tuesday around that 8pm date.

 
12:21 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Matt is a wrestler. That explains everything.

I like Andrea. She reminds me a lot of my mom now, looks-wise.

 
9:47 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I loathe reality TV, but this appears to have some marvellous benefits to it. Good on yer, Dr Jeff!

 
11:14 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Eileen

Re: your last paragraph, I feel exactly the same. Although I want to lose a bit more than 20 pounds! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home