Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

I think I got the perfect Christmas tree. It is a little too big around for the space, but the tree isn't really the problem there. It has a wonderful shape, and there are holes below each branch for nestling ornaments. It made it a little difficult, wrapping lights and beads, since I'm used to a thinner tree, and I had to do it twice to get the spacing right. I got my lights up outside this morning before the snow started, as well as my garland. It was a little frustrating, having shoveled my drive this morning, just for another four inches to fall.

I ended up going out in it, too. Silly, silly me made a hair appointment at the mall on a Saturday afternoon in December. This is why I shop on the internet. Add a snowstorm on top of that, and traffic was horrible. The worst part was sitting at a traffic light for ten minutes because some genius couldn't figure out how to pull up and trigger the light. I should have gotten out of my truck and walked up there. I couldn't believe how many people were out and about. Imagine if the weather had been nice.

I love decorating for Christmas, especially the tree. Everytime you pull out an ornament and hang it on the tree, it's like decorating the tree with memories. "Mom found this one in an antique shop. Grandma and I each bought this same ornament that one time at Farm and Fleet. I thought this glass bird was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen." A lot of the older ones are variations of ornaments Lew and Emily have, too. When I remembered that, I got all sad, because they're never all going to hang on the same tree again. But the memories will always make me smile, because who can help but laugh at five people stuffed into the cab of old Greenie singing Christmas carols?

4 Antiphon:

11:07 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

Dwayne and I decorated today, too. Lately, we go with a new color theme for our tiny tree(this year it's purple), but we always get one to put up one sentimental ornament each. (Which, by the way, it's too much of a stretch because I think we only have about three each.) I always choose the tiny stuffed bear in the basket. Lindsey has the same one, but her's is a cat in a basket.

 
11:09 PM, December 03, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

And, "it's too much of a stretch" should say "isn't" instead.

(That was excellent typing considering how drunk I am. I'm trying really hard. Backspace is my friend. Enemy. Frenemy. 'K, bye.)

 
10:37 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Agh, horrible traffic! I hate going out in winter too. Which is not going to do my hair any good either, as it's in desperate need of a cut...

Tree!

 
11:38 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Ems

Those are the decorations that make Christmas. They are the "I'll be Home for Christmas" moments that bring back some of the happiest memories,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home