Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Last night I dreamt I was reading a recipe for cookies where the main ingredient was horse manure.

In other news, it is REALLY cold. It's like -10 degrees out there (-23C), and it might make it out of the single digits, but probably not. At least it didn't snow again last night. It's snowed four times in the past week, and there's about 5-6 inches of snow on the ground. It's been a long time since we've had snow in December; I think the news said it had been five years. Five years without a white Christmas. I think that at least when there's snow on the ground, the low temperatures are easier to bear. If there's no snow, the cold just doesn't seem like it matches what I'm seeing.

It's weather like this that makes you want to re-read The Long Winter and thank God that at least there's no snow on your covers when you wake up.

7 Antiphon:

11:19 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Ems

Boo freakin Hoo. Today is the first day OUT of single digits in two 1/2 weeks. We got 7-9 inches of snow on Thanksgiving. Its cuz I'm coming home. It is going to snow till I get there so I wont be home sick. Speaking of sick how are you feeling? Better?

 
11:37 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Hey. You live in Alaska. No one expects you to have decent weather this time of year. ;)

 
1:47 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger jenn

Sounds like here. COLD!

 
4:27 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I knew we hadn't had snow in December for awhile, but I didn't realize it was that long. I remember how weird it was the first time I remember not having snow at Christmas. It just didn't feel right. Now I don't mind, since it makes the driving easier.

 
4:29 PM, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

-23C ?!?!

Holy crap Batman! [shocked]

8C here feels freezing!

Callie (I've caught up reading most of the entries onyour Blog's front page now!)

 
5:48 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger allison

Yay! A reference to The Long Winter!! Hope you don't run out of straw. Or wheat.

 
3:17 PM, December 13, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Bet those cookies musta tasted like shi- oh, someone had to say it. [wink]

I still have The Long Winter! (I had to get rid of most of the LAW books when we left the Middle East and I was gutted.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home