Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

My brother made me go to the mall on the Saturday before Christmas. He called me while he was still on I80, asking me to help him with his Christmas shopping. I relutantly agreed, and told him to call me when he was about 15 minutes away, and I would meet him at Coral Ridge Mall. He did so, and while I was still on my way, he called back from the mall parking lot saying, "I must be nuts!" That's what I told him.

So many people. Ugh.

So we successfully shopped, and we parted ways. I called Todd back, since he called asking if I wanted to go eat with him and Kristen. We settled on a time, and I had about half an hour to kill, so I decided to go back to J.C. Penney's to try on some clothes I had been admiring. I drove over to that corner of the mall, and started pulling into an open parking spot. Then I thought I recognized the car next to me. SHO Taurus, check. Muscatine county license plate, check. Suitcases and boxes in the backseat, check. Mountain Dew cans in the cupholders, check. It was my brother.

Sneaky little bastard went back to buy the coat I had squealed over. I didn't go into the store. I can feign suprise.

2 Antiphon:

11:58 AM, December 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Awww, bless!

Callie

 
11:14 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Ems

Awwww, what a little sweetheart. Hope he doesnt read your blog, or he will be disappointed that you know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home