Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sleeping really hard, for me, tends to produce dreams, and I've been a heavy sleeper lately, quite possible due to the cold I've had for about a week now. I seem to be getting one symptom at a time. While that allows me to function, going to work and such, it sure makes for an extended convalescence.

I had Survivor on the brain last night after watching the season finale. In my dream, I was, of course, a contestant. The challenge I remember the most involved trying to solve a puzzle on a series of computers. At each one, you would earn a "prize" and your goal was to win four pieces of chewing gum and two maraschino cherries and store them in your mouth. I finished first, and showed my mouthful of "prizes" to Jeff, who was quite disgusted by the fact that I had eaten the cherries. "They're in there somewhere!" I protested. I won immunity anyway. I also remember trying to make an alliance with Meghan, who was in her pre-pregnancy state, and looking quite fetching in a bikini, frolicking on the beach. Someday my subconsious will catch up to reality: last week, I dreamt I attended Will and Annika's wedding, which was held in my Grandma's basement.

Speaking of Survivor, this was actually a pretty good finale. My opinion of Rafe dropped about 10 points after the last two episodes, though. I don't know why he was so suprised that other people didn't play the way he would have. It's one thing to play the game "ethically", it's another thing to expect others to. Especially if "ethics" means "what's in Rafe's best interest."

4 Antiphon:

3:17 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger jenn

I totally agree with you on Rafe. If you are going to run up and say "I release you from any bond we have!" then you can't be a poopy face about it when she goes ahead and does what she thinks is best. I think he just felt like a knob for having said that and realising afterwards it is his own damned fault for not making it to the final two.

In other words, he needed to put a sock in it.

 
6:24 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger allison

See, I think Rafe knew he had only himself to blame for not being in the final two. How stupid is it to FORGET and touch the pole?? And I also realized that all that talk about Steph being the power was bullshit. Rafe was totally running that show. "Hey, Steph, we're voting out so-and-so tonight".

"But we have an alliance with [insert name here]"

" Hey, you wouldn't want me to turn on you, would you, Steph?"

*gulps* "Oh, no, Rafe. What ever you say, Rafe."


Yeah, I have no life.

Hey, is this Tuesday the finale of The Amazing Race, Live from the wilds of Canada?? (Gawd, what hell-hole will they send them to next???!!!)

Or did I miss it?

 
10:58 AM, December 13, 2005, Blogger Amanda

Rafe's reaction in the final wasn't suprising, considering how he reacted after Cindy kept the car. I just loved how everyone else was so diplomatic about how they thought he was crazy for being upset about Cindy not giving up the car in favor of giving all them cars.

I agree with you Allison, Rafe totally orchestrated all those ousters, while everyone placed the blame on Steph. It was absolutely brilliant play, and if he hadn't touched that pole, I think he would have won.

I never got into The Amazing Race, though, so I can't help you there.

 
9:28 AM, December 17, 2005, Blogger P@

I'm playing catch up on blogs, since I've been sick all week.

Just wanted to say that I had a slew of Survivor dreams the night after the finale as well. Which makes me suspect that Burnett & Co. are putting some sort of mind controlling subliminals in the programming...

Also, I was totally rooting for Rafe up until he got all bitchy about Danni not taking him. Um... Hello? You released her from the promise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home