Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Sometime last night, I woke up with my entire left arm asleep. In my semi-awake state, I reached over with my right hand to pick up my left arm, and I screamed, because I thought there was someone else in bed with me. It was like I was picking up someone else's arm. It was the weirdest thing: it was like my brain didn't even recognize that I had a left arm, let alone that I was touching it with my right. I shook out the arm and it woke up, but I was a little spooked.

4 Antiphon:

10:30 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Mindi Scott

My reaction to this was to snort very, very loudly. I was picturing it as a scene from perhaps a Ben Stiller-type movie. :-D

 
4:56 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Oh, lord, I've done that. Er, not the screaming bit, just the weird arm feeling...

 
8:26 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger P@

DUDE!! I've totally had the same problem. Only my brain told me that my arm was just no longer attached to my body, which resulted in momentary (intense) panic on my part.

The worst part is that it's happened to me at least twice.

 
11:22 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Chelsea

I hate that feeling! I have never screamed or freaked out though. I usually just shake my arm around with my other arm until the blood starts flowing again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home