Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Breathe. Breathe.

I just bought a treadmill. Breathe. I hate shelling out large sums of cash like that. It tends to make me hyperventilate. It's really cool, though. I can progam in the Learn to Run 10K program, even the later parts with the inclines. Now I just need to figure out how I can watch television while I'm running. I'm thinking one of those little TV-and-DVD-in-one deals like Mom has.

I'm a goin' running!

P.S. Em, Joey Brammier sold it to me. I didn't know it was him until I'd signed all the paperwork and he gave me his card. He seemed apologetic for giving you crap.

11 Antiphon:

6:33 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Technomage

OMG - Where did you put it? Personally I used an Airodyne bike, but it makes some much noise that I have to use wireless headphone to hear the TV.

 
6:54 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

Ooooh! I'm jealous! (But not as jealous as I'd be if you got new windows!) I hope you love it.

 
7:10 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Amanda

I don't have it yet (it comes on Wednesday), but I'm going to put it in the basement. That's the only place where there's room.

 
10:45 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger jenn

That is so freaken cool! I think Jim and I will be going this route in the future - but for now I've got my gym membership.

Personal treadmills are THE BOMB!

 
10:54 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Ems

I'd like to talk to him. He was such a dick to me in HS. where does he work? Interesting.

 
12:29 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I was recently thinking how nice it would be to have a treadmill so I could work-out at home. I should start doing my yoga and pilates tapes again. They can entertain me while I am jobless!!!

 
3:03 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Meghan

Treadmills rock - and they are the best piece of exercise equiptment from which to watch T.V.

Enjoy!

 
3:42 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Brilliant! I hope it works well for you. I'd love to have one.

 
12:29 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Amanda

He was working at 2nd Wind in Coralville, out there by the mall. I was suprised, I thought he was still doing The Pit, but I don't remember seeing advertisements for it lately. We all know how well workout facilities in Wilton do.

 
1:35 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

I'm so jealous! I want a treadmill! I can't go running outside now, because it's cold and pitch black by the time I get home, and a treadmill would mean I could run indoors in winter/badweather and otudoor in the good weather!

 
4:52 PM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Amanda, we bought our AWESOME treadmill from Joe, too. I LOVE IT!!! I never thought I would be a runner, but I AM! Enjoy!

Laurie Rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home