Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I got a wireless mouse and keyboard at work, and I absolutely love them. I don't have any restrictions on where I'm typing or mousing (what's the verb for that?) and it's much more ergodynamic. Today I had a client come in for a Quickbooks tutorial, and I turned my extra monitor around and gave him the keyboard and mouse, and we could both use both comfortably as needed.

Or it was supposed to work that way. My mouse went completely wonky. It stopped working, and the only way I can get it to work is to press the button on the sensor/receptor, and it works for like ten seconds and then stops. So I have to press this button every time I want to use my mouse. I had to press the button for the client, and it completely wiped out the convenience of the whole set up. Stupid mouse. I went back to the in-laptop mouse, which makes using the wireless keyboard impractical. I want to use my wireless! [pout]

5 Antiphon:

6:23 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

We have the craziest wireless mouse and keyboard set in our conference room at work. I was ginving a presentation today and i was having trouble clicking the correct button to get to my next slide and I had trouble opening my file!

 
10:25 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Technomage

What's the surface like where you run your mouse? That could be an issue, if you suddenly change surface types.

Does your wireless mouse or keyboard need fresh batties?

Just some thoughts. It's a guy thing. See a problem, find a solution.

 
11:04 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

I was really excited to get a wireless mouse and keyboard, but I get kind of annoyed with how often the batteries need to be changed. Plus, I hardly move from this spot so it isn't like the wires were really holding me back.

 
7:05 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

I was all excited with my spanky new wireless keyboard and mouse (which matched my screen, very important), but they were crap so I'm still using my ancient Dell keyboard and mouse, which are just fine, thank you.

(Not all wireless rocks one's world, sadly.)

 
8:11 AM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Amanda

I ended up having to change the signal channel with the inset button on the bottom of my mouse, for any of you who are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home