Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, January 27, 2006

I think my chiropractor cursed me. I went in on Monday, and she said that my hips were tighter than she's ever seen in me. I told her I'd been running, and she showed me some stretches to help. I ran last night, and I did the stretches and this morning I'm in pain. My lower back hurts and I feel like an old woman. I've been moaning and groaning and limping all day. I think I must have run stupid, thinking about protecting my lower back and ended up hurting it instead. Ow!

5 Antiphon:

5:31 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Meghan

Just remember... all the new stuff your doing with your body (no matter how you hold yourself) is going to make you sore for a while. You probably used different muscles when you were thinking about running "properly".

Just keep stretching and running (and getting adjusted - ACK, I'm so overdue to see my chiropractor!), and you'll get over the soreness hump.

 
10:41 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I will be able to afford to go to the chiropractor now!!! I think I really need to go.

 
4:00 AM, January 28, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

I've never been to a chiropractor. My friend Gem used to go because she has a disc missing in her back which makes it extra flexible and therefore gets out of alignment easily.

Hope you feel better soon!

 
9:10 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger jenn

I hope your back feels better. And stretching is one of the best things you can do for your body.

*hugs*

 
5:58 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

That's so annoying - sometimes it can happen even though you've warmed up and down perfectly well. Hope it goes away soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home