Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Nothing like a two-day headache to ring in the New Year. Whoopee. I slept right through the ringing in of 2006. The bright side is, it can only get better from here, right? Also, I'm suprisingly well-rested, despite the pounding in the base of my skull that prompted all that sleep.

Also in the vein of finding the bright side, except in the exact opposite way, the downside of all that weight I'm going to lose in the next six months is that I won't be able to wear these pants anymore. I love these pants, especially with the new camisole and shrug combo I bought at a 50% off post-Christmas sale, and the look-at-my-boobs necklace that matches. Green and brown is my new favorite combo.

And I said six months instead of this year because I realized my ten year high school reunion is this year. And I don't even want to go because I hate those people and don't know why I'd want to look good for them anyway.

7 Antiphon:

3:23 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Technomage

I never went to my 10 year HS reunion. I have no regrets. Although I hear the 20 year and 30 year reunions are better and more relaxed.

 
4:23 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

You want to do it by the reunion so that when you go, they'll all thing "Damn! She looks fine!"

Even though you don't like them, doesn't mean to say you don't want them to see and realise how good you look!

 
7:37 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

Well, you read about my high school reunion. I was very glad I went. I felt all empowered and stuff. But then my ex-husband started talking crap and I was horribly depressed wishing I'd followed my instincts and stayed home.

I'm still glad I looked good for it though. ;-)

 
11:26 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Meghan

Sorry to hear about your 48-hour headache. Take ibuproffin. Lots of it. And take some for me, too. Oh, how I miss it!

I loved my 10-year reunion. It was great to see what everyone was doing, and some people really had grown. Also, you may reconnect with some old friends. And, of course, looking fantastic never hurts ;]

 
5:11 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

You don't want to look good for them. You want to look good to them, gits that they are. I'm glad I did go to a school reunion (finally), although I have no desire to return now that I have the Closure and all that. So, here's hoping you get a positive experience out of it too.

 
12:09 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger jenn

My ten year was just.. weird. I dunno, they were all the same and yet older and had kids.

Which really weirded me out.

Um, but I was the highest educated one in the room *evil laugh* and I totally looked cuter than all my old girlfriends (who were mean to me the year I went off to uni).


Why yes, yes I am petty.

 
3:35 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I was just thinking that about two pairs of pants I recently got. I intend to lose some weight over the next few months as well. I will be sad if I can't wear those pants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home