Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What happens when a Supreme Court Justice nominee tries to make a joke?

Congressmen think "super-duper precedent" is a new legal term. I am laughing my ass off at this. I also enjoy the thinly veiled accusations and pontifications. Most of it's boring and repetitive, but once in a while, there's a real gem.

I started on my FIRM ASS goals today. I got my ass out of bed in time to catch the 7:26 bus, did the first round of Learn to Run 10k, and controlled my portions. Now if only the next few months can go as well...

I bawled my eyes out at this story on NPR: Joe & Flo: A Senior Couple's Struggle to Stay United. It's about 17 minutes long.

3 Antiphon:

4:06 AM, January 11, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Wasn't able to listen to the story as I'm at work, so not sure whether there's a happy ending or not (your bawling makes me fear the worst), but that's one thing that makes me bloody furious - that a couple can manage to stay together and make their relationship work through thick and thin, only to be separated by the bureaucracy of the healthcare system. I've heard too many sad stories like that.

 
4:46 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

Go you on the FIRM ASS goals!

 
1:59 AM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Ems

It takes the average human 21 days to adopt a new behavior into habit. So keep at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home