Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I had a lovely evening last night. It was so laid-back and relaxing, lovely is the only word for it. I left work early, since I had a chiro appointment (early as in 6:00). My cyatic (sp? too lazy to look up) was pinched, and there was no way I was waiting any longer for an adjustment. She recommended I go for a walk to loosen up my hips, so when I got home, I did just that. I walked over to the stadium, and looked at the progress of the new Press Box. Then I wandered over to the baseball field and watched a few innings of the Iowa/Nebraska game from beyond the left field fence. It's been a really long time since I've been to any baseball game, and it made me feel...peaceful. Watching the little kids play catch, the smell of popcorn, the sound of the organ...The weather was perfect, if just a little windy, the sunset was beautiful, and it was just the kind of evening that makes me glad I live in Iowa City. It made me resolve to spend less time in front of the television and more time enjoying life.

2 Antiphon:

1:24 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

Don't you wish you could just bottle those moments?

 
11:40 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

Sciatic nerve. I still need to get to the chiropractor. My knee is swollen, too. I am not sure why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home