Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I made a kid cry at the Nest Monday night. The kid totally deserved it, but I felt so bad! I was working with three of the white belts on their form, and one of the kids is really slow, short attention span, you know the type. Well, I count the next move, and the middle kid moves, but the slow kid doesn't so much, and then when he does, he completely screws up the turn, gets too close to the middle kid and steps on his foot, and doesn't even realize what he did. The middle kid got totally fed up with the slow kid, lifts his foot up and WHAM! right down on the slow kid's foot. I couldn't believe it. It was a totally conscious decision to hurt the other kid, so I tell the kid to get down and do fifty pushups. I figured the offense warranted it. The kid did the pushups, but by the end he was bawling, and I felt really bad. I'm a sucker for tears.

3 Antiphon:

2:13 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Eileen

Meanie! ;)

 
3:56 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Fifty pushups? Harsh! Still, he should have learned his lesson, heh.

 
10:43 PM, April 09, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

As a fellow instructor who has probably taught the kid, I support you all the way. I made Randal's son cry a few weeks ago. I didn't punish him; he was just frustrated, but I did feel bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home