Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

No pirate jokes. Unless they're funny.

I'm not exactly wearing a patch, but I might as well be, since I can't use the eye. "A confluence of events" my doctor said. Or that's how I summarized it. The quotes aren't exactly proper usage there. There's a cut on my eye, right on the edge of the iris, so it's painful to wear contacts. I've either been wearing glasses, suffering through wearing two, or wearing just the one contact. I kinda prefer the last option, because with the first one, I can't *see* anything, the second one: duh, pain, and the third...the third I can get by alright by closing one eye, and then opening the other one when I need depth perception.

It started with the six hour drive home in the dark. I tend not to blink under those circumstances, so it dried out my contacts something fierce. Because my contacts are so thick, when they're that dry, it's really easy to irritate my eye. When my eye was irritated, it swelled a little bit, which allowed a tiny eyelash that was growing in the wrong direction to poke my eyeball and cut it. So every time I blinked, I was irritating it even more. I got some drops for it, and I have to go back on Saturday to make sure it's not getting infected.

The things that happen to me. It's stuff like this that makes me think that the Health Savings Account wasn't such a great idea. I sure do miss that prescription drug benefit.

6 Antiphon:

11:02 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Technomage

Just OW!

 
8:17 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Eileen

I.....ow, ow, ow, ow, ow! This entry totally wigged me out!

 
9:06 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Ow, poor eye! It's so annoying how even the littlest thing can irritate at the best of times, and a cut must be a total bugger.

 
11:31 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

It makes my eyes hurt! I am so glad I don't have contacts!

 
12:33 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

Oh, dear. I hope your poor eye will be okay. *hugs*

 
12:21 AM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Ems

What do you call doller corn on the cob?

Buck-an-ear!

ROTFLMAO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home