Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

This sounded like fun when I saw everyone else do it, but it seems I have less variety on iTunes than I thought I did, because almost half of these are the same band. With that clue, good luck!

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

1. I tried to kill the pain, but only bled more ~ Tourniquet, Evanescence
2. Let me take you by the hand away from here to another land ~ Put Me Down, Cranberries
3. Old man sunshine, listen you, never tell me dreams come true ~ But Not For Me, Dinah Washington
4. Looking for a penny on an empty beach ~ Turquoise, VAST
5. Yeah, I got a ticket to ride for two ~ Hypersonic, Jane's Addiction
6. Must have been the devil who changed my mind ~ Black Cat Bone, Laika
7. Lying in a field of flowers choir of angels gently sings ~ Ophelia, Darling Violetta
8. You don't know so don't say you do - you don't ~ Real Bad News, Aimee Mann
9. You were standing in a dark club down in New Orleans ~ Be With Me, VAST
10. There's no angels here, just a sun to light the way ~ Lost, VAST
11. My name spells joy I can't remember darkness ~ The Niles Edge, VAST
12. Somewhere in cyberspace, the minutes turn to hours ~ Awesome, Darling Violetta
13. (Gimmie!) Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand ~ Firefly theme
14. They say I seem lonely, they try and console me ~ Blue Miss Sunday, Devics
15. I got you, I got you on my mind and it's time to make you see ~ No Sleep Tonight, The Faders
16. My eyes touch concrete it feels just like a dream ~ Electric Womb, VAST
17. If you, if you forget me, my darling ~ If You Forget Me, Devics
18. There's a sun, there's a ground beneath my feet ~ Thrown Away, VAST
19. Working in files with the sweat on my brow gets so lonely ~ Senorita, VAST
20. I think I'll go for a walk, baby, out in the rain ~ Nothing But You, Kim Ferron

4 Antiphon:

3:06 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

6. Must have been the devil who changed my mind
This sounds very familiar...

13. (Gimmie!) Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
Firefly theme tune!

Er, that's all I've got!

 
4:30 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

I... got nothin.

 
7:19 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Oooo! I thought 6 was familiar. It's Black Cat Bone by Laika. Although I only got it because it's playing on my iTunes right now...

 
2:46 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Eileen

5. Ticket To Ride by The Beatles?

Complete guess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home