Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

As a general rule, I don't wear skirts. I like skirts, I think they're cute, and I look good in them. But I don't wear them because my thighs rub together when I walk. It's the first place my jeans wear out, and if I want to be at all comfortable in a skirt, I have to wear shorts underneath. I've always been envious of that space. Professional runners amazed me with their outfits until I realized they could wear what they did because their thighs did not indeed touch. What a concept!

In high school, I played volleyball my freshman and sophmore years. The number one reason I quit is because the varsity team uniform included bunhuggers. There's no way I could make it through a game night without heat rash, even if I sat the bench. I know I'm not the only person with this problem, so having bunhuggers as a uniform is just a stupid idea. But then, the coach was skinny. She wouldn't even think of that problem.

Every time I set out to lose weight, I think "Wouldn't it be fabulous if I had just a little bit of space right there?" I think I'm losing fat - my cellulite is getting worse, and stretch marks are appearing on my hips. At least I hope that's what's happening. I don't think I'll ever have a space, though; it's just the way I'm built.

6 Antiphon:

3:56 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger allison

I completely empathize with you. On hot days, when the rest of the world is wearing short, kicky skirts, I must wear something with legs. Otherwise there is uncomfortable chafing. I have found, however, that using lots and lots of talcum powder helps immensely to make it tolerable when I do break down and wear a skirt.

 
5:03 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I wore shorts this morning when I went running and I think I had to pull at least one of the legs down every 5 steps! I really wish I would have been able to find my spandex pair. I hate wearing shorts during the summer. I did wear a skirt the other day and it wasn't too bad. I think I like skirts better than shorts, though.

 
2:55 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Eileen

We could have a club!

 
10:17 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Ems

I have rediscovered skirts but I DO wear shorts underneath. And if it makes you feel better (not that it will) Trya Bamks doesnt even have that space. Itw all in the way she poses.

 
12:41 AM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Technomage

At the risk of being called "Creepy"

Panty Hose work nicely for this problem. Either the full hose or if you just effect with out the look of hose you can take a pair and cut the just above the knee, or whatever length you are comfortable with.

The second option are light silk male boxers. Once agian you would have to work the size, but you can find alot of colors that would go unnotice with the right skirt.

Option three is the skort idea. Some women really hate theses things , but others swear by them.

 
2:27 PM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Amanda

You obviously have not worn panty hose. :)

One, it doesn't work with sandals, and I make fun of the people who try it. Two, cutting it only results in runs where the holes cut into your flesh and leave welts. It's worse than heat rash.

Shorts...are shorts, and I've already addressed that as the best option.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home