Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I'm blogging from bed again. I feel so luxurious. That and very relaxed, as it was a wonderfully slow weekend. I worked in the yard most of the day Saturday, and got the rest of the flowers planted that I bought almost three weeks ago. Then I spent most of the rest of the weekend watching cheesy movies. I saw American Dreamz in the theater (which was very funny, by the way - Dennis Quaid does a fabulous President "Bush"), then a few on TV. Did a lot of crocheting...I think I've finally got the hang of this stitch, as my edges are actually quite even on the latest incarnation of this hat. This one might be a keeper.

I also reviewed the teaching supplement CD that goes with the new book, and I am so psyched to have this. There's so much good stuff on it: teaching outlines, classroom excercises, quizzes, homework, solutions manual...this class might just teach itself. At any rate, I am much more inspired this time around, and am looking forward to this class more than the last one.

I'm out auditing all next week, so I may be blogging from bed with my laptop many more evenings. Stay tuned!

2 Antiphon:

11:06 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I am glad to hear the crocheting is going well! Let me know when you want to learn something new.

 
4:35 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

I get this mental image of you in bed, white/cream duvet, one of those metal iron rung head/end bed boards, white muslin curtains wafting gently from the light breeze,light filling the room, and you sitting tucked up in bed with a rich coffee (also in white mug). You know like those adverts where the whole room is impossibly bright and airy and it's the archetypal media idea of a "Sunday in bed"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home