Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm completely going to cheat and back date some posts. I kept meaning to post, but other things distracted me - ooh, pie! Like that. So I advise you go back to like last Saturday, and read in order.

Mom came up at noon, and I took her out to lunch for Mother's Day, since I missed going there to celebrate. We went to Mondo's Tomato Pie, and we both had the spinach ravioli. Mmmm.

Then we went shopping for my new ceiling fan. We started out at Lowe's, but I didn't find anything that really struck me. So on our way to Menard's we stopped at the mall, since Mom wanted to find a beginner's cookbook for JeriAnna's birthday, and I needed new running shoes. They didn't have any Saucony's on sale in my size, so I used a community gift certificate I'd been saving and splurged on Saucony Hurricane. I'm so excited to go for my first run in these, since my old pair is about two years old and way beat down in the soles. It'll be like running on marshmallows!

After a lot of pondering at Menard's, I decided on this Hunter Low Profile ceiling fan. I'm going to go with the oak finish instead of the cherry, to match my floors. I couldn't believe how many ceiling fans there are out there. There were quite a few that I liked, but just would have looked ridiculous in my living room. I think this one will look quite nice. I'll take a picture once it's installed.

2 Antiphon:

10:44 AM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

I am thinking of looking into som better running shoes. But it'll wait until after my holiday now.

I did that "what's the right shoe for you?" on the right side of that Saucony link, and it turns out the Hurricane is my right shoe too!

 
7:55 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I forgot to give you money Saturday night! Don't let me forget again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home