Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm feeling really bad about this electronic homework thing now. In order to access the class website, the students have to have a code. This code only comes with new books, or it can be purchased online. Since the bookstore ordered only used books (this is the first time the electronic homework is being used, it will be standard in future classes), they have to pay what works out to be an extra $15 over the new book price. I know this is a huge ploy for the publisher to get extra money and help shut down the used book business, but it's so damn convenient for me, I want to use it. Adding to my guilt is the fact the other section of this class is not using the electronic homework, and just because they're in my class, they have to pay an extra $55 in order to do their homework. I remember what it's like to be a student, and how much money that can be. Of course, the entire textbook is online, so they can just purchase the code and save $45, but if they don't have access to a computer at home, it just makes it really inconvenient for them.

I should just get over it. They'd probably just use the money to go out and get drunk anyway.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home