Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

So here's a Father's Day story for you: Dad shot a hole in the pool this morning.

Yes, you read that right, Dad shot a hole in the pool. There are some days that I feel like I'm living in a Jeff Foxworthy joke.

There's this rabbit that's been eating on the garden, and it was out and about this morning. So Dad got out his shotgun and killed it, except that the bullet went through the rabbit, richoceted off the gravel, and up into the side of the pool. Dad fixed it with a bolt.

I was on the phone with Lew later, and he asked me, "So when do you think we need to start arranging for supervision?" I told him I thought we'd passed that point quite a while ago.

6 Antiphon:

10:00 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Ooooops! Your Dad killed the pool!
*snort*

 
12:56 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

Hee, wouldn't a trap have been easier?

 
9:50 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Ems

Oh, Lord. Whst... no, it's futile to ask questions. At least he didnt shoot himself.

 
1:45 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

*snicker*

 
11:52 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Meghan

I just peed my pants reading that.

 
1:38 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger jenn

Sooo, your dad and my dad were separated at birth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home