Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm hot. I've been trying to do non-hot things, like staying inside. Just walking outside last night to help Josh and Chelsea store some of their stuff in my garage over homeless days made me sweat. Thank the Lord in Heaven for central air, or I'd spend a couple months a year just sick. I explained it to one of the RAGBRAIers this way: I get heat exhaustion like some people get colds. I've managed to avoid it so far this year, mostly by skipping TKD for the last month and staying inside on days like this. But football season is what kills me - the first few, anyway. Four hours in the sun is really tough. We'll see; I'm going to bring more water to the game and try protective clothing instead of the less-is-more method.

My tenant got most of her stuff out yesterday. Woo-hoo! I've been looking forward to this for months! No more wearing earplugs to bed, no more bitching about the TV, no more elephant steps overhead. *Knocks on wood* We'll see how the new gal works out. I'm a little bit worried about how well she'll clean, though - she wasn't the tidiest of people and the check-out list I made up for her is still sitting in her mailbox. What's up with not picking up your mail for a week? It's not like she doesn't live here still. At any rate, I've tentatively taken PTO for Tuesday morning in case I'll have to do some touch ups before move-in at noon.

2 Antiphon:

1:32 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

I read in Runner's World, that when they did a study, the runners who drank 1 litre of water in one go, performed better than the group who had 0.5 L before the run and the remainder during the run.

Maybe heavy intake of fluids before going out would have a similar effect? And light coloured clothing, as dark colours absorb the heat more.

 
4:50 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Hah, farewell, tenant! You won't be missed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home