Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Miss Matchmaker is at it again, and it's really starting to piss me off. It's one of the most annoying things about newlyweds: they're so damn happy, they think no one else can be happy unless they're in a relationship, too. I was really torn about it, though. There was no chemistry that I could tell, but I don't know how much chance I should have given it. I don't remember how long it usually takes me, but an evening should do it, shouldn't it? The ones that stick out in my mind, I knew right away there was something about them. Like that new IT guy at work. When I know he's around, I have trouble paying attention to my work. Is that what it feels like to be a guy?

At any rate, I shut the poor guy down. I told him I wasn't ready to move on yet, which is mostly true, at least not with him. IT guy, maybe, but not him. For now, it just feels really good to have a crush again.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home