Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ding dong, the tenant's gone! And left a mess behind her! Someone's getting a big chunk taken out of her security deposit. Thank God Josh and Chelsea felt obligated to pitch in and help, since I let them stay with me over homeless night. I never would have gotten it all done. I've made a list of all the crap we had to clean up, so there's no doubt why it's going to be a small check. She shouldn't have doubt, though. If you don't bother to clean when you move out, don't bother to think you'll get your deposit back. Plus, there's now a hole in the screen door. My boss, who is also a landlord, tells me there's this place in town that will re-screen the door for a decent price.

He's had much worse problems than me, though. One of his tenants died a couple weeks back, and no one knew it until the neighbors started to smell something. Yuck! They had to call the biohazard team in to clean. That's so sad that he had no one to check on him, though. All us at work promised each other we would check on each other if we didn't show up for work.

The new tenant hasn't been so bad so far. She's a heavy stepper, but that's it. We'll see when it starts driving me nuts.

4 Antiphon:

4:43 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger jenn

Yay for old bad tenant being GONE!!

 
5:47 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

That's sad about your boss' tennant :-( I hope someone would notice if that was me... hmmm now that'll worry me!

 
3:30 AM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Eileen

That's so sad that he had no one to check on him, though.

It's not necessarily because he was alone. I've thought about this before (morbid, much?), and I could conceivable die and no-one knows for a few days. My family are 350 miles away and although I call my mum regularly, she wouldn't start to get really worried if she doesn't hear from me for a few days. My friends and I can easily go for days or weeks without talking due to work and study commitments. My work would notice if I wasn't turning up, but I'm not sure what the protocol is when that happens. I'm sure it isn't turning up on my doorstep though.

So yeah, sad that he died, but not necessarily sad for his loneliness (if that's even what you meant). I think it's a curse of living on your own.

I'm going to go call my mum now! ;)

 
11:41 AM, August 07, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Yeah, what Eileen said. It only takes a few days of "Hmmm, I wonder why so-and-so hasn't called."

Hope the new tenant works out OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home