Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, September 15, 2006

God, I love my town! Granted I've lived in exactly two places in my life, but when you can go eat a fabulous lunch from the natural food market for $6, including drink, eat outside on the patio being serenated by a flautist while reading a library book, and then follow up by getting a 32 oz. Vanilla Coke to take back to the office for 50 cents, there's not a whole lot of places I'd rather be.

Plus, the excitement over the Iowa/Iowa State game tomorrow is palpable. It's going to be crazy, and I'm super-psyched. They estimate about 100,000 people coming to town, and the stadium only holds a little over 70,000. The rest are here to tailgate. Fifteen of them will be in my yard: I've booked a Hawkeye RV to park in my driveway. None of them have tickets, but they have a satellite television. We'll see how this goes.

And! I might get to meet a certain well-known person tomorrow. Post, and hopefully a picture [crosses fingers] to come tomorrow!

4 Antiphon:

2:45 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Dogeared

That DOES sound a good thing, the lunch and surroundings!

 
5:21 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Eileen

I'm very intrigued about this certain well-known person!

 
7:36 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Ems

Me too! What a great game! Did Lew come down? Hope you guys have fun!

 
9:34 AM, September 17, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Hope you have a good time at the game, and I am also intrigued about the certain well-known person...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home