Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My new neighbor Doug is, in Lew's words, the shit. In the two months he's lived here, he's learned the life story of everyone in my neighborhood. So it came as no suprise to me to learn that John Kerry would be visiting his home for the Iowa/Iowa State game. Somehow Doug ended up being tailgate headquarters for the Dave Loebsack campaign (he's running against Jim Leach). And as part of the campaign, John Kerry came to stump for Dave, right next door! So my brother and I got to meet John Kerry and get a picture taken with him. It took ages to get the picture - my first photographer whiffed the picture, so I had to wait in line again with a more competent photographer. Thanks, Chelsea!

I'm really glad that I convinced Lew to come down for it, even though we were unable to track down a ticket for him. He discovered the joys of charging people for stuff. Well, he's always been a opportunist, but I think it was rekindled. When the Butterstick (my first RV parkers) couldn't get their satellite television to work, he charged them $50 to hook up to my cable. He also caught a few people peeing in my backyard and extorted $5 out of each of them. I took a cut of the cable fee, but he still made out pretty well. What with the cash and the free food and beer, the trip was definitely worth it!

I'm not sure I'll let the RV back again. They left so much crap for me to pick up. I gave them three garbage bags, and I still had to pick up five bags full of trash. I did get some free stuff that they left behind: three lawn chairs, a cooler on wheels, four bags of unopened chips, half a case of beer, an ice mug, and a nice koozy. If I let them back, it will be on the condition they clean up after themselves.

That evening, we went to Old Capitol (old Brewery) for Josh's birthday. Every time we go, the service is poor and the food takes forever. I don't know why we keep giving it a chance. We ordered onion rings, and when they came, it looked like they cut onions in half and filled the bowls with batter, and they were completely underdone. Gross! We sent them back twice and finally got free cheese fries. I'm only going there again if I'm not eating.

8 Antiphon:

11:42 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Ems

Wow, quite the day!!! Add the win on top, iit sounds like a great day. I am SO jealous. Plus I miss you guys!

 
12:00 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

So, I started reading, assuming that it was a photo of you and your neighbor, Doug. Doug looks like John Kerry, thought I.

P.S. Your hair looks so cute!! The bangs look great on you.

 
9:14 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Annika

You look great!

 
9:47 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

Aren't I the bestest?!!

It's the beer. They have good beer, but yeah, they pretty much suck in the food and service department. Josh picked up a couple of their growlers last night, so we got to enjoy their beer and our own food. Much better.

Yeah, the $50 for cable was pretty good. I just realized that is why I have $20 in my wallet. Your brother was quite generous. We were thinking about charging per flush or per square of TP.

 
1:57 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Heehee, talk about celeb spot (I was presuming the photo was of your neighbour Doug at first, too).

And you look so cute!

 
2:41 AM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Ems

I googled Lew (cuz I am super not tired right now) and you came up too. It was your amazon profile. I just thoght that was really weird that you would come up too in search for Lysle Whitmer. Of all people. Just thought I would share with you.

 
5:03 AM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Eileen

He is rather well known!

That's a very cute picture of you!

 
2:20 AM, September 23, 2006, Blogger Meghan

That is an awesome picture!

Also... cheesy fries, mmmmmmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home