Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, October 02, 2006

An entire day of tailgating is just way too much. I didn't drink a whole lot, and the day was absolutely beautiful. Both my tailgating groups (my usual and a new one) were great. I let the new group use the bathroom, since I these were the friends of an acquaintance. This time, though, I put a tip jar on the tank, and I made an extra $25! Definitely an idea that I will be putting into use for the rest of the season.

I don't know why it's started to annoy me so much, but the amount of trash that people leave is so annoying. Perhaps it was my own experience with inconsiderate guests. What is it about tailgating that makes people believe the world is their trashcan? People who will clear their table at McDonald's, or carefully recycle their paper and plastic, who always take their cans back to the grocery store to get the deposit back don't think twice about draining their beer can and tossing it onto the street, not caring that someone else will have to pick it up after them. Not their problem.

Sunday, Josh, his parents, Chelsea and I went to Oktoberfest in Amana. We had a great time. Great beer, fabulous brats, incredible potato salad and streusel, and fun shopping. I've had better sauerkraut, though. ;) (Really, what is it about your parents' cooking that spoils everything else for you? I haven't had decent maple syrup since Dad stopped making it.) I did get myself a little dehydrated, though. What with the beer and the weather...we had October weather in September, and are getting September weather in October. Not complaining about that now - keep it up!

2 Antiphon:

4:22 PM, October 02, 2006, Blogger Ems

Wait till you cant have mom's cake anymore, or a decent pie, for that matter! Or apple crisp. Or meatloaf... Or all those treats at Christmas. Or a certain aunt's homemade pickles... Now I'm homesick AND hungry!

 
5:00 PM, October 02, 2006, Blogger Amanda

I learned how to make all those other things. I just made apple crisp last week, in fact. I think I spent more time in the kitchen than you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home