Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Here I am. At work. On a Saturday. In October. Sigh.

What a crappy month, work-wise. I feel like I've been running around like the proverbial chicken. I'm definitely making my charge hours this month, plus probably making up my entire shortfall this fiscal year. The final tax extension deadline is Monday, and I'm supposed to be out on an audit next week, which is a two-person job, but it'll be just me. The person who usually helps me with it hasn't been trained on the new audit software, so she can't help, and everyone else is busy with other audits. So next week will suck, too, because I haven't even had time to plan the audit. Yay!

So that's why I'm at work on a Saturday. And maybe tomorrow, too. I've been working on tax stuff, and the new financial statement draft for the client where I missed the deadline and so haven't gotten to next week's planning yet.

On a bright side, I've also been busy scouring eBay for my Halloween costume. I've decided on going as Ghost, from Dark Horse Comics. My costume will be a little less provocative, mostly because who wants to run around in a corset in 30-degree weather? but I've been enjoying the hunt. Plus, I am now the owner of two BB guns, which starts with "B" which rhymes with "T" and that stands for Trouble!

Edit: In answer to my question about the corset: Me, obviously

9 Antiphon:

12:53 PM, October 14, 2006, Blogger Cerillo

Dejate de trabajo y a disfrutar que eres muy guapa

 
11:03 AM, October 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Think of the money... actually, if I got a day off in the week, and then worked Saturday - not every week, but sometimes - I don't think I'd mind too much. I could get work done in quiet!

I think your costume will look Cool.

 
3:27 PM, October 15, 2006, Blogger Ems

I'm more concerned about the BB guns. You'll shoot your eye out!

 
3:24 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Ems

so did ya get it?

 
9:59 AM, October 18, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

I keep trying to leave a comment here, but everything I come up with sounds too pervy. :-)

 
2:49 PM, October 18, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

Do you have your cape yet? Which boots did you decide on? I had a hard time deciding on shoes.

 
9:17 AM, October 21, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Neato! It surprises me how seriously the US gets into dressing up for Hallowe'en - some of the outfits I see are amazing.

 
12:21 PM, October 23, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

How are you blanket and costume coming along?

 
2:22 PM, October 24, 2006, Blogger Meghan

DUDE!

I left a comment here when you first posted this entry... and now it's AWOL. WTF??

In any case, I'm excited to see your Ghost costume. So, pictures please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home