Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, October 27, 2006

You know what's really annoying? When your computer says you're connected to the internet, but none of your web browers work. I've been unable to figure this one out.

I talked to my sister on the phone the other night for almost two hours. I don't know what it is about her that we almost always end up in giggles, no matter what we're talking about. Even death. They're coming for a visit around Thanksgiving. I'm very excited to see her.

I've been so tired this week, and I really have no idea why (except for the one night). I really just want to go home and take a nap, especially since it will be a very long day tomorrow. Between a home football game and a Halloween party, I will be up at least 18 hours. I have no idea if I have the capability to stay awake that long anymore. I'm really, really hoping there'll be time for a nap, and all I can do is shake my head, because that makes me sound old.

My costume for Saturday has pretty much come together. I've got all the components, especially my new boots. They're completely the wrong color for the costume (winter white instead of white), but they're so fabulous, I had to wear them to work Tuesday, in the guise of practicing walking on 4-inch heels. The only thing I'm worried about is the holsters. I spray painted plastic cowboy holsters white, and the paint is still sticky. So either I coated it too thick, or I got the wrong stuff for plastic. I don't know. Maybe I'll just rub them with cotton balls, and they'll be fuzzy holsters. I'll make sure to remember my camera, but if the stupid internet won't work...

6 Antiphon:

5:46 AM, October 29, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Bad browsers! Bad! May they behave so you can get your photos up.

 
7:18 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

Please browsers! You must WORK!

Have fun! :-)

 
10:19 AM, October 30, 2006, Blogger jenn

I've had this problem - I believe it is my wireless something. Or, um, I don't know.

But I can disconnect and reconnect and it still won't actually be connected. And it isn't my browsers because if I try to update my Anti-Virus it can't connect to the internet either.

So yeah, let me know if you figure any of this out :)

 
8:52 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger P@

Hey, don't knock naps. Naps are one of life's greatest treasures.

Okay, yeah, it does make us sound old. But still.

 
2:56 PM, October 31, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

Did you call Mediacom yet? Maybe your modem is bad.

 
7:29 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Meghan

I'm with P@ about the naps.

Also, I'm waiting patiently for those pictures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home