Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I had a little altercation this morning with some fellow fans. Doug and I were standing at the end of my driveway, talking, and all of a sudden a beer can lands at my feet. I look up at a truck that's waiting on the street to get into the lot at the end of the street. So I yell at him, "There's a trash can right there!" )And it really was right there, Doug's set up trash cans all up and down the street in hopes our neighborhood will be less trashed after football games.) "Pick that up!" He just looks at me with this shit-eating grin and doesn't do anything. So I march up, pick up the can and throw it back into his open window. I think I hit him or something, because the back door opens up and this blonde starts yelling at me, calling me a bitch. I reply, "I am. What are you going to do about it?" She's yelling at me all the way down the street, and I'm just like, "Sue me."

On my way home from the game, my neighbor Erika, the one who just had the baby waves me over, and proceeds to tell me about this band of hooligans (the people from earlier - who are like in their forties, at least, so you'd think they'd be, you know, adults - but what do I know, I retaliated too) who tried to trash my house by throwing beer and Big Ass Turkey Legs at my front door. This pisses Erika off, so she follows them, yelling at them, and they're yelling back, calling her a bitch, too, and saying they'll beat her down and stuff, so when they get to the lot at the end of the street, Erika gets the attention of the people who run the lot, who have no patience for surly drunks, and gets them thrown out. So they got kicked out of town. I like a happy ending.

And by the way, these little hand warmer things are about the best thing since sliced bread.

6 Antiphon:

12:12 AM, November 12, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

Oh my god! I hate confrontation! I would have been hiding in the house during all that!

 
8:50 AM, November 12, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

A massive well done to both you and Erika for giving those twats what for. I'm such a non-confrontational coward, I never would have had the guts to do that, so good on yer.

 
9:46 AM, November 12, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

I am pretty sure I would have done the exact same thing. I love it!

I was always jealous of my high school classmates who had those handwarmers at football games. I always had numb fingers and toes.

 
5:58 PM, November 13, 2006, Blogger Ems

Buy, would that little blone biotch be in for a BIG surprise if she DID try to take you on. LOLOLOLOLOL!

 
6:37 PM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Meghan

You (and Erika) rock.

 
9:22 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

All the way out of town? You really do rock. BTW, I'm not sure of proper blogging etiquette, but I replied to your reply to my post in my post replies. (figure that one out)

I wasn't sure if I did it here where you were sure to see it or in my blog where the discussion is taking place.

BTW, I miss being on site for college football games. All of my GA Bulldog consumption is either through the television or computer. Not the same as having a few thousand beer soaked people around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home