Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

In TKD practice, we pretty much have a set routine. We start out warming up in one room, while the kids filter out of the main room. This room we start out in has wooden floors, so it's a little less foot-friendly than the main room, which has some pretty nice mats. If you haven't worked up callouses on your feet, or the callouses have worn away, the wooden floor is pretty rough on the feet.

I like to keep my feet nice (who doesn't?), and I generally have a tough time with working out on the wooden floor when I don't wear my martial arts shoes (which are kinda like wrestling shoes, with soft soles). I didn't bring my bag to class on Monday, which has my shoes in it, so I warmed up on the wooden floor without shoes. So with all the kicks we were doing, and all the pivoting, which basically grinds your feet against the floor), I ended up with blood blisters on my big toes.

Back in the main room, we started working on forms, since testing is next week (1). Halfway through Palgwe Two, I must have burst one, because when the form was done, there was blood everywhere. We had to stop class to get me bandaged up and clean up the blood. And since Palgwe Two involves kicks, there was blood up the wall, which is still there because we couldn't reach that high. It was gross, but also kinda funny.

3 Antiphon:

11:37 PM, November 30, 2006, Blogger Mindi Scott

What a bloody mess!

(No, I don't know what possessed me to say that. Sorry!)

 
10:18 AM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Chelsea

Lovely!

 
1:21 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Gross! And yet strangely funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home