Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

I forgot to mention that I ran into Aaron at Aoeshe's after testing on Friday. (I still don't know, by the way, I had to work late last night, and didn't make it to TKD again. The universe is conspiring against me!) Aaron and I had a...thing about three and a half years ago. By thing, I guess I mean a mutual crush, and it never went any further than some kissing, because he didn't want to start anything because he was leaving for law school in the fall. I was a little perturbed, because it was May and we had the whole summer to figure out if there was anything beyond that. I've seen him since then, the last time at Kristen and Todd's wedding, but really not much.

In the course of our catching up, I mentioned that I had been to my 10-year high school reunion, and he said he didn't think he'd go to his. I told him my philosophy, that I figured if I didn't go, I would just be being petty. And his reply was "What's wrong with being petty?" And right then, I realized that it was probably a good thing that I hadn't ended up with him. He's a pessimistic, cynical kind of guy, and I wouldn't have been able to tolerate that for long. I think he saw that and although I'll probably never tell him, I thank him for not putting us through that.

"What's wrong with being petty?"

"I'm not in high school anymore."

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home