Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, January 12, 2007

For those of you who don't read Helen's blog (and why not?), this is a feature she's been doing called "12 of 12", where you take 12 pictures of your day on the 12th day of the month. Edit: Credit where credit's due! to Chad, now linked in my Stalkees column on my sidebar. Do you know how hard it is to take pictures of anything remotely interesting when you sit at a computer 10 hours out of the day?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I park in the mall parking ramp, and cut through the mall on my way to work. The second floor of the mall was purchased recently by the University for office space (big joke), and they've been renovating. I walk through a construction zone every morning and every evening.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my building! There's the coffee shop there on the first floor right, and the pet shop on the left, and we're on the second floor. The city put those snowflakes on all the lights downtown this year; I thought they were so cool. That's the only snow we've seen so far this year, though that is supposed to change today. We'll see.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is my desk. That's all I have to say about that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the meal I cooked four servings of Monday night. It's a very yummy chicken breast with a spinach, onion, and cottage cheese "filling". However, Tuesday afternoon I got a headache and upset stomach, so now I'm wondering if it was food poisoning, and I have no stomach for it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So this is what I ate instead.


Turns out my camera only holds 11 pictures (I haven't needed the memory before - not much of a picture-taker), so I took a screen shot (I'm quick and spry, clever and sly!) of my computer as I wrote a letter to my Congressman, asking him to support the Stem Cell Funding Enhancement Act. Contact your Senator too, and ask for their vote!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of my favorite times of day is when I come home and get the mail. I think that's part of the reason I'm an eBay addict. Today the most exciting thing in the mail was a Christmas card from my cousin Sonia, with a picture of Ben and Nora. Nora, I swear, could have been the model for Cabbage Patch Kids. So cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tomorrow is the first Saturday of tax season, and I volunteered to be the first to bring breakfast. This is my Egg McMuffin maker, which I absolutely adore. I would like to say that I haven't been to McDonald's since I got it, especially since I'm reading Fast Food Nation, but I'd be lying. Damn that Filet O'Fish! I'm putting things in a box so I remember to bring them tomorrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Time for a run! They say you're supposed to put your treadmill in an inviting environment, but all I really need is that cute little TV. Prize for anyone who can identify the name of the episode I'm watching!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have time for a little TV. I'm sorry to announce I am again watching All My Children on a regular basis, and I still hate Kendall.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Josh has a gift certificate to burn, so we met at the Old Capitol Brewery for drinks. I was starving, so I opted for cheese fries, which is the only thing I've ever had there that they haven't messed up. Chelsea is spilling her beer in this picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's 11:15 and I'm desperate! One more picture to get in! Bed, my favorite place to be. And check out my teddy bear flannels. I had complained that "fun" sheets don't come in queen size, and Mom found me these. I can't say I'm not looking forward to retiring them, but they are still (relatively) usable, and I'm loathe to retire anything usable.

And that's my first 12 of 12, I hope you enjoyed it.

17 Antiphon:

11:04 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

See they might be mundane photos to you, but now I can see what your desk is like. I always pictured it differently, when you spoke about work. Even seeing people's lunches is interesting, because I get to see US brands and stuff. You know?

Oh and I want a treadmill. I can't even work out what show it is on the TV, let alone episode [doh] - I can't see it well.

Yay for doing 12 of 12, here's to
next month!(and thank you for the shout out re: reading my Blog, gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling!)

 
11:05 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Oh - have you posted the permalink URL for this entry (click on the post heading and then copy the resulting URL) in Chad's 12 of 12 post on his Blog? That's part of the 12 of 12 thing, so everyone can see :-)

 
11:12 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Amanda

Done! I didn't know about the Chad part, so I'll have to add a link or something so I remember next time.

 
11:49 AM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Very cool! And don't worry about the lack of variety. Most of us face that...I teach and can't have any pics that include my kids. REALLY puts a crimp in things. But we manage! :)

 
11:57 AM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

I knew I forgot to say something! In the pic of Josh and Chelsea, Josh looks so like Will Tippen in Alias!

 
1:29 PM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

Thanks for pointing out that I am spilling my beer. I appreciate it!

 
4:43 PM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

Someone else has told me Josh looks like Will. I can sorta see it. I think Will Tippen is adorable. Josh has his moments.

 
4:49 PM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Amanda

In order to explain why I just snorted water through my nose at that comment, I just need to clarify that Josh and Chelsea have been dating for almost three years.

 
6:29 PM, January 13, 2007, Blogger Bonnie

Very cool!

I love that there's such a thing as an Egg McMuffin maker! Wow!

(And I totally miss Filet O'Fish. Damn gluten.)

Welcome to 12 of 12!

 
8:31 AM, January 14, 2007, Blogger Eileen

I like photo posts, and I love seeing where people work. I might try this next month. I did try to do it once last year, but never got round to posting the photos.

 
12:03 PM, January 14, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

No, I can't identify the ep. Bah. But that treadmill looks good and high-tech!

 
1:08 PM, January 14, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Chelsea - yes, Will is adorable. I can totally understand your pseudo-Will having his moments though!

 
7:16 PM, January 14, 2007, Blogger Zippy

An Egg McMuffin maker??? Oh, I gotta get me one of those!!!

Great pics and welcome to 12 of 12!

Michele

 
11:18 AM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

I'm loathe to retire anything usable.
I am like this, too! I have such a hard time keeping organized and getting rid of things as a result. I seriously get a panicky-feeling inside at the thought of getting rid of things that are still usable!

 
12:17 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger jenn

I get around the reusable thing by giving them to the salvation army. Because, you know, then I'm being a good person. And I'm keeping the amount of stuff down in my house.

And in addition to that, when I start thinking 'yeah, but is this really in good enough condition to give to the salvation army' that is my clue it might be okay to just throw it out and I don't have to keep using it either.

 
1:44 PM, January 15, 2007, Blogger Lipp

An egg McMuffin machine just may be further proof of a higher power!

And I'm with you on the reusable thing (I'm tearing apart my vaccum in my '12)

 
6:34 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Meghan

Excellent!

I can't wait to do this next month. I think everyone should do a 12 of 12.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home