Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, February 12, 2007

February 12 of 12


7:33 a.m. We're out on an audit today and can't get to their office until 8:00, so I got to sleep in. Yay! And much needed, because I'm still getting over this stupid cold. I was feeling skinny today - it's amazing what losing five pounds and a flattering outfit will do for you. Mom bought me this outfit for Christmas; I tried it on at a CATO while out shopping with Mom and Em, and all their sizes were too big, so Mom tracked down the right ones and gave them to me for Christmas.


7:52 a.m. I've got time before I have to be there, so let's do some errands on the way to the audit. Here's me paying my cable/internet bill. Damn you and your addictive products, Mediacom!


7:56 a.m. Dropping off my library book. No more library until you catch up on your magazines, Amanda! I'm only a couple weeks behind on US News, but I'm six months behind in Discover. I still have to read all the Pluto coverage!


7:59 a.m. Gas and a fake cappucino at the Kum and Go. (They sell t-shirts, and pretend they don't know why they're so popular.) $2.19 a gallon. Wasn't it just at $2.08? I knew I should have gotten gas last week. But any day I pay less than $40 for a tank of gas is a good day.


8:15 a.m. Here we are! You can't see the name of the client, right? Although I suppose my Iowa City readers know who this is. This used to be SE Junior High, I think, before they built the new building.



8:35 a.m. The windowless, windowless room we're working in. Yes, those are our boxes to look through, but hopefully not a whole lot. Look like a former school to you? And so much for meeting my colleagues at 8:15. I have charge hours to fill, people!


5:07 p.m. On my way back to the office. Isn't it supposed to be snowing now? We're supposed to get five inches tonight.


5:16 p.m. My home away from home.


8:09 p.m. Testing out my night settings from the parking garage on my way home. I don't think it "exposes" as long as I was expecting. If you know what you're looking for, you can see the twin dorms of Rienow and Slater. Or Slater and Rienow. I never remember which is which.


8:17 p.m. I love that sight! A little box of love from Amazon.com.


8:24 p.m. All things I don't have time for, but want anyway. The extras on the Hellboy DVD look awesome. I can't wait. I watched this on the Cartoon Network, but haven't read the Animated comic books that go with. That reminds me, I haven't picked up my pull list this month. I should ask if the animated book is any good.


9:05 p.m. I have been OBSESSED with grilled cheese sandwiches lately. Look at it! Wouldn't you be? That's some good stuff right there.

P.S. This is my 500th post.

13 Antiphon:

9:22 AM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Eileen

I'm so disappointed that I couldn't do 12 of 12 this month. I'm going to try to do a photo post that Leone tagged me about to make up for it though.

 
10:03 AM, February 13, 2007, Blogger CondoBlogger

Grilled cheese with sliced tomato!!! Awesome! The ham is a nice touch too!

I'm usually in windowless spaces as well, which I find actually helps the day go by a little faster.

 
12:32 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger jenn

Mmmm, sammich!

 
12:51 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

You look so pretty in the first photo here!

 
1:55 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

I think you look great in the first photo! Yay for outfits which you like and make you look good too [nod].

Like the pics!

 
1:56 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Heather

I came across your blog from Chad's blog for the 12 of 12. I lived in Iowa City for a few years when I was a kid. I have always wanted to get back but never have...it was a cool town...

 
3:37 PM, February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Awesome!! That sandwich looks yummy!!!

 
9:01 PM, February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh, how I love Kum and Go. (Or, alternately, "Ejaculate and Evacuate.") It is, quite possibly, my favorite thing about visiting Iowa. And they're selling T-shirts now? I must have one.

 
2:56 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Lipp

Hot 1st photo, delicious sandwich, I might need a t-shirt too!

 
7:22 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Meghan

Very cool 12 of 12.

I love that outfit. And, you look seriously hot.

 
7:30 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Ems

I want a Kum & Go tee shirt. Thats where Brett, Beau and Jeff all worked. LOL. Ah, good times, good times. Free "damaged" beer out the back door. Sometimes I miss Iowa City!

 
5:20 PM, February 17, 2007, Blogger allison

My dear, you look skinny because you are skinny! And gorgeous, too! Great photos. I really have to try and get my act together for next month.

 
2:37 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

You look fab. I am deeply envious of your willpower. Also, I am so looking forward to the time when the animated Hellboy: Sword Of Storms comes out on DVD! I've been trying not to buy any more graphic novels, because I just don't have the space, but in the case of Hellboy, I'm finding it hard to stick at just one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home