Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

I am sitting in my office at 7:30 on a Saturday night. One of the lights in my office blew a fuse earlier this afternoon, so it's a little dimmer than usual, which is making me melancholy. Or I was melancholy before and now the lighting matches my mood. Most likely the former. I hate feeling like this. I was finally feeling content. It always happens like this, though. As soon as I start feeling like I could be happy with my life like it is, something happens to make me remember what I'm missing out on. It's crap, is what it is. Whoever it is messing with me, cut it out! I have a good life! Quit making me hate it!

3 Antiphon:

9:30 PM, February 10, 2007, Blogger Technomage

Sorry to hear that. When I get into a blue funk, my drug of choice is music. A decent playlist does the job of altering my mood.

 
1:14 AM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Meghan

BOOOO to blown fuses - the real and metaphorical kind.

 
4:21 PM, February 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm sorry. Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home