Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, February 26, 2007


Photo credit: Mom

What a storm! It started late Saturday afternoon, and it was somewhat amusing watching the pedestrians fall and slide on the sidewalk from the windows. By the time I left work, it had started snowing, which made the going much easier for me. It was a pretty exciting evening, weather-wise. The sky was almost blue from the light reflecting off the clouds and the ice. I desperately wanted to take a picture of my neighbor's tree, which was bent nearly half over from the weight of the ice, but all that would show up on my camera was the sleet, and it was upright again by Sunday morning. The weather was so bad, they canceled church. I was flabbergasted! I've never, ever, in my whole life heard of church being canceled.

There are tree branches down all over, probably a few trees, as well. Not too much damage around my house, though the shoveling was a real chore. It was soooo heavy! It was basically shoveling slush, and I could only get a relative little bit on my shovel at a time. As it was, my legs got a great workout from the squatting and lifting. A lot people lost power, too, though I didn't. Some people still don't have power. I just got a day off, got my house cleaned and a bunch of TV watched. I'm still two weeks, behind, though.

4 Antiphon:

5:14 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Eileen

I know this sounds insane, but I'm so jealous of the kind of weather you get!

 
11:09 PM, February 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

They canceled CHURCH?! Oh my.

Eileen, I am crazy right along with you.

 
9:49 AM, February 27, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I was surprised we didn't lose power. Josh kept calling me from work asking if our power was still on because he heard NL and most of Coralville lost power. I enjoy the weather while it is happening and the novelty of having no power for awhile, but it wears off as soon as I have to walk through slush or the next day when I try not to fall on the frozen slush.

I wish I got a day off work :(

 
11:57 AM, February 28, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

I just started shivering reading this! And then I looked out my window and it's snowing here! Oh, dear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home