Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Since my audit got snowed out (my colleagues from Cedar Rapids didn't want to drive down. I don't blame them, the weather was pretty crappy, but the weather was pretty crappy BEFORE 8:00 a.m. when they called), I decided to go downstairs and get a mocha. As I was waiting for them to make it, this guy sidles up to me, and stands right next to me, completely invading my personal space. I take a step over, and he steps right next to me again, and says, "Quite a bit of snow we're getting" and I'm a little creeped out, because of the PERSONAL SPACE INVASION, but I try to be polite, and answer, "Yeah, I'm not looking forward to shoveling later." I look over at him and he's definitely creepy and I'm wondering what he would do if I took another step when he asks, "Do you think February is colder than December?" I warily say, "This year? Definitely." Thank goodness my mocha was up then, and I beat the hell out of there. Creep me out!

3 Antiphon:

8:55 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Eileen

Eew, creepy.

 
12:55 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Definitely creepy!

 
2:39 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Ugg. What is it with some people? *shudder*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home