Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

There are two of us in our office who are rather jumpy. If someone shows up where I don't expect them to be, or someone starts talking to me before I know they're there, I start. I jump, I breathe in sharply, or I scream. Laneune is the same way, which makes us easy targets for the office practical jokers.

We did it to ourselves a few minutes ago. I went to open the door from the back hall into the office, and Laneune went to open the door from the office into the back hall, and we both scared each other silly, complete with screaming that could rival Jamie Lee Curtis. What an uproar. My heart is still beating fast.

2 Antiphon:

10:40 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

I've noticed I'm the jumpiest when I'm distracted, when my thoughts are far away from where I am. When I am interupted, I end up screaming my head off.

 
3:09 PM, February 27, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Oh, dear! I do the jump/deep breath thing, although it's usually only my other half who makes me scream. Funny, that. [wink]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home