Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, March 12, 2007


7:14 (I hadn't changed the time on my camera yet.) The view from my bedroom window, facing east. Stupid Daylight Saving Time. I hate waking up in the dark. At least I trained myself to wake up at 6 a.m. last week, so the transition today wasn't too bad.


7:22 It's supposed to be 60 degrees today! Short sleeves all around.


Okay, I finally noticed the time was wrong. Taking time to eat breakfast this morning: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. I am addicted to Honey Nut breakfast cereals. I think I went through five boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios in row there. But I had been putting a cup of oatmeal and some brown sugar in a ziplock to take to work, to eat breakfast at my desk, so this is a change.


Another sign of spring! Check out the daffodils! This is way too early in the year for these things. I hate it when spring's going on and I'm stuck at the office.


Starving! A picture of our kitchenette at work, while I wait for my english muffin to toast. We finally got a new microwave - the old one was probably one of the first models from back in the 80's. I was about ready to declare the old one an OSHA violation.


Running across the street to good old Hills Bank to deposit my tenant's rent check. Normally, between 20 after and half past, this street is swarming with college students, but it's spring break this week. Ding, dong, the students are gone!


I also need something to eat. Pita Pit is like Subway, but with pitas. I had the chicken ceasar pita.


I love Easter candy, especially Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies. I bought this bag at CVS Friday before we went to see Pan's Labyrinth, and I finished them off today.


Yes! Someone brought cookies! I think I ate about six today. I have no self control.


Remember my construction zone from January? They're almost done. I know someone who works in those offices now, and they say it smells like grease all the time. There's a Taco Bell directly below them.


While Leah is in Charles City this week, she left half her stuff, and she said I should try her deep conditioner. This shit is awesome! My hair feels like a baby's. Can you get this stuff in the States?


And, another sign of spring. I couldn't figure out what the heck was making so much noise down in the basement. Duh! The dehumidifier. This little workhorse runs non-stop during the summer, even though I have it set at 50% humidity.

4 Antiphon:

9:21 AM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Chelsea

I had the cinnamon version of shredded what this morning. I ate all the honey nut last week. I have been totally craving Honey Nut Cheerios, but I am unwilling to buy them unless they are on sale. Actually that's my policy for most breakfast cereals. I have the Sweet Tart gummy bunnies. They are almost too cute to eat.

 
1:07 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger jenn

I [heart] pita pit.

 
3:03 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

Every time I see or hear about Sweetarts now, I think of an Alias friend!

Glad you got a new microwave, too!

 
7:56 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

Hey, we both took pictures of our clothes without us in them! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home