Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I finally did it - I wrote "I don't care" in response to a review comment. Actually I wrote "Doesn't matter - see workpaper 0999 for retained earnings reconciliation", but it's basically a roundabout way of saying "Why in the world do you want me to spend time working on this? IT DOESN'T MATTER!" I feel so liberated. But I guess we'll see what her response is.

I'll admit, I have been pretty cranky lately. Not enough sleep and too much upheaval. It's been awesome catching up with Leah, though. I love her stories about the kinds of questions her students ask (she teaches, among others, an American Culture class at a German University), like "Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?" and "Is it true that Americans marry young?"

It's been very odd living with another person again. I have to say, it makes me a little bit claustrophobic, having all her stuff around and not having a 'place' for it. But I will be very sad when she's gone, because I'll realize all over again how much I miss her.

1 Antiphon:

10:22 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

You first paragraph goes right over my head. But I'm glad you're having fun with Leah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home