Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

I hope I still have readers left. These past two weeks have been absolutely crazy. I've been playing with the numbers, and I've worked an average of 10 hours a day, six days a week this month. Rough. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, though. Maybe. We as an office are so far behind where we were last year. I have 60 hours worth of work on my shelf, with more coming in, and I have two audits to plan. I'm taking my annual April vacation a little later this year. I'm going to visit my cousin and her family in Pittsburgh the last week of April, stopping in Indianapolis to pick up my brother. Although when I say that round-trip flights to Pittsburgh were only $250, I only half-jokingly told my brother to find his own way to Pennsylvania.

At any rate, I have to plan and do fieldwork for one audit before my vacation this year, which makes the 17th a little anti-climatic. I'm booked solid through mid-May!

Speaking of being over-booked, I got my assignment letter from Kirkwood Community College for the summer semester. I'm going to be teaching Financial Accounting, instead of the Managerial Accounting I had been doing. I'm very excited about this, because I know the material a lot better, and I can concentrate on making the information exciting instead of refreshing my memory on the material. This is the introductory accounting class: debits and credits, assets, liabilities and equity, the language of accounting! However, the class is on Mondays and Wednesdays, which means I'll only get to go to Tae Kwon Do once a week, which seriously puts a crimp in my plans to test for my first degree in October, since I've been skipping a lot this semester due to work obligations. I'll just have to make sure I practice more at home...at least I'll have some time!

6 Antiphon:

12:21 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger Ems

Pick up him AND all of his stuff from what I hear!

 
6:36 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger allison

I'm still here. With nothing relevant to say, but here? Yes.

 
5:34 AM, April 01, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Still here! Although I haven't checked in with my blogspot stalkees for two weeks. Oooooops!

I hope the crazy calms down a bit.

 
9:55 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger Mindi Scott

Sorry it's all been so CRAZY for you. At least you know when it will be ending so you have something good to look forward to! :-)

 
7:28 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger Eileen

Still reading!

 
12:45 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

There you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home