Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm back-dating this post, because I'm anal about having one post per day (for some reason), and I want to save the 12th for 12-of-12. And I really, really hate complaining about work here, especially about people I work with, but I have to get this out of my system somehow.

Her reaction to my I-don't-care comment was to write a whole new comment: "M-1 item is not showing as an expense." I know I'm writing in jargon, but the point is, Why didn't you just say that in the first place??? I can see why that matters, and that I can fix pretty easily. Her review comments just rub me the wrong way. It's like she wants me to try and guess what she's thinking, so she says things in the most obscure way possible. Just tell me what you want, and get it over with. I don't have time to interpret the Dead Sea Scrolls.

And then she brings files into my office and lays them on their side on the shelf. OK, even though all the rest of my files are standing up and I have bookends for that purpose, maybe she doesn't know that I prefer them standing up, so I have room for new ones and so I can easily see in which order they come into my office. So I ask her to stand them up. It is my office, after all. She says, "No. Move it yourself the next time you get up." And my jaw drops. Why would you ignore my specific request to keep my office neat? It's not like I throw files around in your office. Which makes me want to do so, but I feel like any type of response is going to be petty and immature, and I refuse to stoop to her level.

7 Antiphon:

2:15 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Dogeared

"No, move it yourself...."

[jawdrop]

Is this woman for real? Please tell me this is a very early April Fool's, because she cannot be this bad!

Bloody hell - who died and gave her that attitude?

 
2:46 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Ems

Is this person a supervisor or a co-worker? Cuz if she is a supervisor I would, and this is just me, bite my tongue and curse her children the plague under my breathe.

But if its a co-worker, who may be under the same the stress you are and shows it in this way, you should say something, politely, about having the same respect for your office as you have for hers. And that you prefer to keep it clean and organized, especially at this time in the year. Be understanding about the fact that she may be stressed and didnt realize or mean to be rude.

If this is an ongoing disrespect, however, take your stapler and shoot staples all over her desk. Those single staples are a bitch to clean up and not immediately noticable. Plus if they get under her papers, and she writes over them... LOL. a little pay back wont send you STRAIGHT to hell, just on the road.

 
2:47 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Ems

And, yes, I was wearing a swimmuing suit, you dork.

 
3:02 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Amanda

Hey, I go back and read your comments, don't go bringing your implied nakedness onto my blog.

Yes, she's a supervisor. Kinda. Not in a directly-responsible-for-me sort of way, but sometimes-responsible-for-my-work. "I have eight different bosses right now." And I am chalking it up to her being tired, because she works longer hours than I do.

 
3:46 PM, March 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

Grrr. Your story so reminds me of my years as a tax lawyer. Most of which stank, working for anal-retentive supervisors or superiors who wanted to correct non-issues. It gets so old. My heart goes out to you.

And at least one person out here knows what an M-1 is... I am here to receive and validate all your jargon. And to give you Circular 230 blessings, to boot. ("Boot". Hah! maybe a reverse triangular reorg in there somewhere, too.)

E-mailed about my puppy. Get warm fuzzies looking at her, and then say a silent prayer of thanks that you aren't housetraining her and dealing with her howling whenever you leave the room.

 
4:27 AM, March 13, 2007, Blogger Eileen

Grrrr! I hate work frustrations!

 
8:44 AM, March 18, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

What a twat. You work long enough hours without some powermad supervisor getting on your case. Gah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home