Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm getting a little worried about my mind, here. Thursdays are long days...work, then teaching at the Gym-Nest, then UFC at Randal's. So I have to make sure I have everything before I leave for work in the morning. Yesterday, as I was leaving the house, I thought, "Crap! I forgot to put an extra pair of socks in my TKD bag. Oh well, I'll just wear the dress socks I have on." Turns out, it didn't matter, as all the while I was thinking that I forgot to pack something in my TKD bag, my TKD bag was sitting on a kitchen chair. So I had to stop by the house between work and Gym-Nest, which I hate doing, because it is absolutely impossible to turn left off my street in hospital traffic. (The closest thing IC has to traffic jams is the stream of cars from 7:30-8:30 and 4:30-5:30 going to and from the University hospital.)

Also, my office has turned into the roach motel for tax returns: they come in, but they don't go out. I have a week's worth of work stacked up, and the crunch is still coming. And Leah is coming to visit next week, which would be an awesome thing, since I haven't seen her in three years, but all this work! I'll definitely be sacrificing some sleep next week, I think.

5 Antiphon:

12:55 PM, March 03, 2007, Blogger Ems

If it makes you feel any better in one morning I forgot my car keys and it took literally three minutes inside my car wondering what was going on for me to realize that I DIDNT HAVR THE KEYS, then I forgot my water bottle so I had to go BACK to the house, and then I forgot my coat cuz while we have a heated garage, it is still -11 outside so when I leave fro the house to garage, it doesnt dawn on me that I am not wearing a coat till I get out to get gas, and I have no coat, so I go back to the house, get my coat and then forget to get gas. So I have to pray that I get to work on what I have and then back to the gas station.

 
2:19 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Technomage

Off topic post - BTW - I bought a egg muffin maker today because I was craving egg Mcmuffin. You are right they very cool and pretty yummy.

 
2:21 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Technomage

oh BTW - that forgetting stuff get worse. It' called getting old. I hate having something in my hand, putting it down on the counter somewhere, then forgeting where I left it just 10 seconds later!

 
1:08 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger jenn

Yeah, stress makes the brain work less. Or something. Which is very counter-productive.

 
2:45 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger CosmicAvatar

Yeah, I'm with technomage. Wait until you get old. Muahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home